Fete de la Truffe - Sarlat 2016


It's that time of year again when Sarlat celebrates all things truffle. The annual Truffle fair, organised and in conjunction with the Académie Culinere, is a gastronomic treat which in the words of the academy 'is defended jealously to the point of dedicating the entire weekend to the truffle and foie gras'. That's the translation from the French, you get the picture, this is a serious business.




Suffice to say that this event is one culinary extravaganza - so I'll let the photos do the talking.













I have no idea who this is. I guess he's a very noble fella.


2016 is off to a good start!

Comments

  1. Tempus fugit and all that Rob. It always looks a most convivial occasion. Interesting characters as usual. What are croustous?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're little bites of something. Like tapas. Yum!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed this post! everything from the gorgeous truffles to the gorgeous people, wonderful to see. I doubt I will ever make it to France, so thank you for this little glimpse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Maybe one day you'll get to France.

      Delete
  3. Just discovered your Blog - impressive, in particular the photography. I live in St. Germain du Bel Air and will be opening my garden under the Open Gardens/Jardins Ouverts scheme. Do you know about this? If not please go to their website as you seem a perfect candidate. They are anxious to expand further.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment