Sarlat Truffle Festival - Redux

I'm in the archives.

The incessant rain that has plagued France for many weeks put paid to any decent photo opportunity at this years Sarlat Truffle festival so I'm replaying the images from 2016. Nicer weather, nicer pics.....


It's that time of year again when Sarlat celebrates all things truffle. The annual Truffle fair, organised and in conjunction with the Académie Culinere, is a gastronomic treat which in the words of the academy 'is defended jealously to the point of dedicating the entire weekend to the truffle and foie gras'. That's the translation from the French, you get the picture, this is a serious business.




Suffice to say that this event is one culinary extravaganza - so I'll let the photos do the talking.













I have no idea who this is. I guess he's a very noble fella.


Comments

  1. Mmmmmmm. Brilliant photos Rob that capture the occasion. I hope that the rain stops soon both for you and for me as I'm heading to Paris for a few days before long :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment